- Learn about the main principles, processes and tools of RAMS and build an efficient system & organization to improve Reliability, Availability, Maintainability & Safety Concepts in a Railway System
- Understand the importance of having a good organisation of data management and learn from best practice on implementing a RAMS System
- Understand the different parameters of RAMS
- Learn from international best practices and exchange of knowledge on the optimal use of new process management tools
- Learn how to use statistical concepts tools to implement efficient process in Rail processes
- Apply through workshops the process of getting the right data, analyse the problems, various analytical techniques like FMEA, FTA, Weibull, etc in a Railway system.
- Professionals who want to decrease the cost Railway Management and learn about the RAMS tools.
- Engineers working for railway companies, operators.
- Transport professionals who want to get more out of their available data whatever the field of specialization, from operations management, to transport planning, marketing and strategic decision making
- Professionals in Traction, Signalling, Communication engineers, business analytics directly involved in the collection, processing and analysis of data, project management, Maintenance management, Safety management
- Professionals interested in obtaining a wider and more international perspective on the RAMS in Railway systems
- Experienced professionals but also newcomers in the sector from local transport authorities, public transport operators or the supply industry
- Get inspired by our trainers, understand the main aspects of Intelligent Transport Systems from successful best practice
- Participate to interactive plenary sessions with introduction by course leaders, presentation by the trainer and open discussion with participants
- Challenge your practical knowledge in this professional field and the technology
- Address the topic from an international perspective, enriched by different cultural approaches and points of views
- Participate to workshops allowing you to apply on a concrete case the main principles and tools learned
- Benefit from a unique exchange of knowledge and experience between professionals
Our skillful trainers are composed of international experts and professionals with extensive experience and knowledge in the operational, maintenance, and risk management areas of RAMS in Urban Rail.
*UITP reserves the right to make amendments to the programme or any related activity.
Session 2A: Asset Management on Railways & Practical Implementation of AM through ISO 55001
- Basic probability and statistical tools
- Quality standards
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability
- Asset management tools
- Implementation of AM
- Asset performance management software
Session 3: Infrastructure Cost Benchmarking Maintenance and Renewal
- Reliability prediction & plan/report
- Quality standards on infrastructure
- Maintainability plan/report
- Key cost drivers
- LICB (Lasting Infrastructure Cost Benchmarking)
Session 4B: Risk Management and Security
- How to secure the investment risk and risk parameters
- Cybersecurity on digital railway
Session 5: Introduction to LCC and LCCA
- RAMS and LCC
Session 6A: Safety & Risk Assessment on Railways
- Safety parameters
- Risk assessment
- PHA, OSHA
- Hazard logp
- Risk mitigations
- SIL allocation
Session 7A: RAMS Management & Safety System
- RAMS managements
- Safety assurance plan
- System safety plan/report
- Verification and validation
- Case study on real RAMS figures
Session 8: RAMS, Safety
- Safety design criteria for railway systems
- Fail-safe methodology
- How to design safe signalling system case study
Early Bird until 31/01/2020
Member « developed nations »
Member « developing nations »*
Non-member « developed nations »
Non-member « developing nations »*
Group UITP Member (4 or +) « developed nations »
Group UITP Member (4 or +) « developing nations »*
Group UITP non Member (4 or +) « developed nations »
Group UITP non Member (4 or +) « developing nations »*
* Participants from developing nations benefit from a special discount. Check here the list of eligible countries.
* Registration fee will be invoiced by LTA after completion of online registration.
Terms and Conditions
Course fee will include training materials, lunches and coffee breaks.
Please note fees do not include visa application or arrangement. Please contact your local travel agent or local embassy for travel visa to Singapore, if applicable.
Participants are also required to make their own arrangement of accommodation in Singapore, airport transfers and daily travel from hotel to the training venue.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) will apply for participants from Singapore.
**Registration fees are transferable to another employee of the same organization but it is non-refundable.
Registration is on first-come-first-served basis as there is limited capacity for the training programme. All payment must be paid to LTA on or before 19 February 2020 to confirm a placement in the programme.
For group registration and/or enquiry about training fee invoicing, visa, logistics, etc., please contact LTA:
SIAN Chean Chin
Phone: +65 6585 5781
Land Transport Authority
LTA Bedok Campus | 71 Chai Chee Street | Singapore 468981