Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Mass Public Transport, was the first study conducted by UITP Asia-Pacific Centre for Transport Excellence under a joint-funded research programme between UITP and Land Transport Authority of Singapore (LTA). The study took place over the course of one year from December 2017 to December 2018.
- Report Artificial Intelligence in Mass Public Transport
- Video summarising the highlights of the Report - click below to watch it on UITP Youtube channel.
Interested in ordering the report? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- UITP regularly conducts training programmes on AI in Public Transport. Check UITP Academy webpage to know when the next one is happening.
Research Project Background
- Review the current practices of using AI in mass public transport systems.
- Explore how AI technologies should be best deployed in public transport systems to support public transport providers and authorities in the deployment of AI applications.
- Consult AI experts to project the trend of AI in mass public transport in the next 5 years.
- Customer Excellence: the deployment of AI for achieving better customer service and intelligence amongst authorities and operators;
- Operational Excellence: the use of AI brings system and operational efficiencies through optimisation and predictive maintenance;
- Engineering Excellence: inventory & asset management and predictive maintenance;
- Security and Safety Prevention: the AI applications providing the solutions for improving operational safety and security measures, this includes offences involving revenues and property.