Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Mass Public Transport, was the first study conducted by UITP Asia-Pacific Centre for Transport Excellence under a joint-funded research programme between UITP and Land Transport Authority of Singapore (LTA). The study took place over the course of one year from December 2017 to December 2018.
The project aimed to:
- Review the current practices of using AI in mass public transport systems.
- Explore how AI technologies should be best deployed in public transport systems to support public transport providers and authorities in the deployment of AI applications.
- Consult AI experts to project the trend of AI in mass public transport in the next 5 years.
The study reviewed the use of AI in the following context:
- Customer Excellence: the deployment of AI for achieving better customer service and intelligence amongst authorities and operators;
- Operational Excellence: the use of AI brings system and operational efficiencies through optimisation and predictive maintenance;
- Engineering Excellence: inventory & asset management and predictive maintenance;
- Security and Safety Prevention: the AI applications providing the solutions for improving operational safety and security measures, this includes offences involving revenues and property.
- UITP-LTA Training Programme on AI in Public Transport, 25-27 February 2019, Singapore.
- Report Artificial Intelligence in Mass Public Transport
Read the Executive Summary of the report here.
Interested in ordering the report? Please contact Clémence Morlet.