Gathering Summit’s Participants from Asia-Pacific and beyond, Mr Ogata, President of UITP Asia-Pacific Division, Vice President of East Japan Railway Company and Honorary President of UITP and Mr Calvet, President of UITP and Director General at FGC, the session’s highlights included:
- The signature by Mr Ngien, Chief Executive of Land Transport Authority and Mr Mezghani, Secretary General of UITP, of the Memorandum of Understanding for the upcoming Singapore International Transport Congress and Exhibition (SITCE). Jointly organised by LTA, UITP and LTA’s subsidiary, MSI Global, SITCE will take place on 28-30 October 2020 in Singapore.
- UITP Asia-Pacific Division were delighted to recognise six outstanding projects as part of the Asia-Pacific Special Recognition Awards:
o Mobility Innovation Consortium, East Japan Railway Company.
o Business Applications of Smart Kiosks and Mobile Advertising, Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation.
o Co-creation Project to Foster a Caring Commuting Culture - Heart Zone, Public Transport Council of Singapore
o MAVIS (Mobility Assistance for the Visually Impaired and Selected Users), Land Transport Authority of Singapore and INIT.
o Multimodal Integration at Chhattarpur Metro Station of the Delhi Metro Network, DMRC, India.
o Transforming Last Mile Connectivity through Shared Electric Mobility in India, SmartE, India.
It was also the occasion to update Asia-Pacific Members and friends on key activities of the Division with:
- Updates from UITP Asia-Pacific Centre for Transport Excellence’s latest research studies.
- Introduction of UITP Asia-Pacific Organising Authorities Platform’s and Asia-Pacific Urban Rail Platform’s Chairmen, respectively Mr. Richard Magnus, Chairman of Public Transport Council, Singapore and Mr Abdol Salam, Senior Vice President (Plans & Development) at SMRT Trains.
- Save The Date for the UITP Asia-Pacific Division Meeting and Conference on 11-14 November 2019 at Canberra, Australia.
UITP Asia-Pacific Division wishes you the most exciting Summit with inspirational congress sessions, latest state-of-the-art developments at the exhibition and warm social and networking activities.